The contest is now over.
Stay tuned on NPI's Facebook and Twitter to see who the winners are!
Show us why YOU think Illinois needs nuclear power!
Create artwork that best expresses why you believe Illinois needs carbon-free nuclear power and why others should know the importance of carbon-free nuclear power.
Are you a parent of a creative student? Their artwork could be featured across the state!
Nuclear Powers Illinois is hosting an art contest to find out why students across our state think Illinois needs nuclear power. We are inviting all Illinois students, Kindergarten through 12th grade, who are interested to participate.
Need some inspiration for what to create? Check out Navigating Nuclear: Energizing Our WorldTM from The American Nuclear Society and Discovery Education for free resources!
Theme: Why Illinois needs nuclear power
Eligibility: Students grades K-12
Age Groups: (3) Overall Winners; (1) Honorable Mention Per Grade Group: Kindergarten-2nd grade; 3rd-5th grade; 6th-8th grade; 9th-12th grade
Submission Deadline: April 16, 2021 by 5pm Central
Winners announced: May 1, 2021
Prizes: Each of the three Overall Winners will have a $1,000 donation contributed directly to their school’s art program. To participate, please read the official contest rules and then fill out the form below and upload a photo of their design!
Artwork must be original and personally created by the student and must meet the following requirements:
- The artwork must effectively communicate your best representation of why Illinois needs carbon-free nuclear power and why you believe others should be aware of carbon-free nuclear power;
- Is on an 8.5 x 11-inch sheet of unlined, white paper;
- Uses the following mediums: drawing; painting (i.e., pencil, charcoal, pastels, colored pencils, oil paints, acrylics, water media, mixed media/collage); or original digital creations;
- Artwork should be submitted as a high resolution (e.g. minimum of 300dpi and 1,800 pixels wide) image of the student’s original artwork;
- The file must be under 5 megabytes in size;
- The artwork must be submitted in .jpg, .png or .pdf format;
- Meets all eligibility and entrance requirements stated above.
HOW TO ENTER: If you meet all of the eligibility requirements stated above, you are eligible to enter the Contest by submitting:
- if you are over 18 – submit the artwork and your name, age, home address, email address, phone number, school’s name and grade; or
- if you are under 18 – your parent or legal guardian must submit the artwork and provide her or his name, home address, email address, phone number and your name, your age, school’s name and grade